I needed a curtain for the bathroom in the studio. In a pile of linens, I discovered a single canvas curtain panel with a few holes in it.
I decided that I needed to repair the rips and shorten the curtain (no one wants a curtain dragging on the floor right by the toilet).
I stitched up the holes...
...and cut and shortened the curtain:
As you can see, I tacked it up to my painting wall and then went to town with spray paint and spray ink:
It didn't feel quite done at this point, so I added some dash lines:
As the white paint dried, it faded into the curtain in some interesting ways that I really liked. So, I hung it up!
I love the way it turned out! It adds some color and personality to the bathroom. You can't tell there are any rips in the curtain. AND the paint has made the curtain a bit more opaque -- which is ideal for a bathroom!
This was an easy project made from stuff I happened to have around. I love it when that happens!
Thanks for stopping by!