I'm so excited to be inviting you into my home studio for some fabulous in-person art classes! Yay! I wanted to make it easy for people to come to class no matter where they live, so classes include all the supplies! Isn't that a nice treat! All you need to do is to hop on a plane, a train, or into an automobile and come on over. (I've even roped Steve into feeding everyone lunch during the two-day classes, so you're in for a treat!)
Coming up in March 2020:
Friday Night Art Journaling: No More White Pages
Friday, March 20, 2020 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
I’ll be sharing some of my favorite techniques for filling your art journal with color and pattern. No more intimidating white pages staring back at you. Bring your art journal and I will supply the rest! (If you don’t have an art journal, but you still want to play, just bring some blank paper with you or an empty notebook!) Learn more.
Saturday, March 21, 2020 & Sunday, March 22, 2020, 10am - 4pm each day
It’s two-days of Gelatin Printing Fun! Join me in my home studio as I take you from printing-without-a-press basics through advanced techniques for creating purposeful prints. We will cover a wide range of art topics beyond gelatin printing, including opacity, color mixing, print registration, and composition. You will go home with a wonderful collection of fine art prints, including several that are ready to frame! Learn more.
So what is a workshop with me like? Here is what one of my students had to say:
"I just took an AMAZING in-person class with Julie. She designed the projects so we would not only have guidance and direction, but also have freedom to explore what interested us. it was so much fun, and left me with so so so many ideas to chase. Thank you so much, Julie!" -- Florence
Here's what you can expect:
- All supplies are included.
- Workshops are packed with instruction -- lots of demos and tips.
- You might want an apron. Things tend to get messy!
- No rigidity. I believe in allowing each artist to bring their own voice to the work. If you don't want to do something we're doing, you don't have to!
- I don't allow students to flounder. If you're struggling or need help, I'm there for you.
- Verbalization is an important part of the learning process. We will talk a lot.
- Workshops are always full of lots of laughter and happy chit chat. Camaraderie makes the creative process better.
- You will leave feeling empowered -- full of inspiration and knowledge to carry you into your creative practice at home.
- All levels are welcome. Whether you're a professional artist or a super newbie, there's a seat for you at the table!
I hope to see you in a workshop! Come by yourself. Come with a friend. (I love it when Mother/Daughter duos come to class! And it's always fun when couples make it a weekend!) You can see the full line up of workshops for 2020 HERE.