As I mentioned earlier this week, I'm teaching a live online week-long class on Zoom.
This is a week-long LIVE online class conducted through Zoom over three days:
- Monday, July 27, 11am - 1pm -- Designing your multi-part image and carving your blocks.
- Wednesday, July 29, 11am - 1pm -- Continuing to carve, troubleshooting your blocks and test printing.
- Friday, July 31, 11am -1pm -- Designing the overall print, printing your blocks on fabric, including registration techniques and multi-color printing.
Class is strictly limited to 10 students for maximum engagement.
Students should have the following supplies available to themselves during class:
- Pencil and Scrap Paper for Sketching and Test Printing
- Optional: Inspiration Images, Archival Ink Pad
- Stamp Carving Supplies: Speedy Carve, Stamp Carving Tools, Self Healing Mat, Box Cutter, Ballpoint Pen, Colored Markers, Ruler
- Fabric -- I recommend grabbing 5-6 different fabrics to experiment with. For example: white fabric, black fabric, fabric with a subtle pattern, canvas, denim, jersey, etc.
- Block Printing Ink meant for Fabric
- Masking Tape
- Rubber Brayer
- Palette Knife
- Fat Quarter of Batting and Fat Quarter of Scrap Fabric
- Baby Wipes
I hope you'll join me for all the fun. You may recall that I printed a ton of fabric back in October 2019 for Printinktober. Some samples of multi-block prints on fabric:
Learn more and sign up HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
PS: The Livestream for Members is tomorrow (Saturday) at 4pm EST.