Our guest today is Jackie Jimerson. Learn all about Jackie and her first time experiencing gelatin printing, gain insight into her thoughts on designing her own stencils, and listen in on our chat about paying for content or not, design teams, and a bit about being a black artist in the mixed media world.
If you do not see the podcast player above, please click on this link. On the off chance that you've never listened to a podcast or don't get why anybody would want to, here are some facts: (1) Podcasts are convenient. It's a recording that is available to you whenever and wherever you'd like to listen. You can pause, stop, start, fast forward, and rewind. Stream it through Apple Music or any podcast service. (2) Podcasts are great for listening to while making art. They provide intellectual stimulation and create a bit of company (like hanging out with friends) without the visual distraction of the TV. (3) Podcasts can inspire and educate you. I often find myself jotting down notes when I listen to a podcast. There's so much I want to remember.
If you enjoy the podcast, please give us a shout out on instagram or facebook. This helps other people find the show. Thanks so much!
After a few years of creating mixed media art, Jackie realized that she also enjoys making for makers, so she opened The Artisan’s Caché on Etsy. There she sells her stencils, stamps, hand-bound journals, and carefully curated ephemera packs.
- “Pass the Brush” is the mixed media community's version of "Share the Mic Now." The objective of this event is to show solidarity within the mixed media community and to amplify black mixed media artists so their voices can be heard and their art can be seen by a broader audience.
- On July 17 & 18 Jackie will be taking over my Instagram and Facebook accounts in order to share her art and her story.
- As part of Pass the Brush, there will be giveaways of some fun art goodies, including a $200 gift certificate to my online classroom.
- Jackie and I will be doing an Instagram LIVE together on Friday, July 17 at 1pm EST. It will last about 45-minutes and we will be making art and taking your questions. You can follow me on instagram HERE and Jackie HERE.
I hope that you will join Jackie and me for the live event on Friday. We'd love for you to be there!
- Jackie: imawonder/Tina Tran - her youtube on kintsugi:
- Eileen: Manhattan Theatre Club – the student monologue challenge
- Julie: A Beautiful Mess Podcast, Side Hustle Episode
Find Jackie online:
- Etsy https://www.etsy.com/
- YouTube https://www.youtube.
- Facebook https://facebook.com/
- Instagram https://instagram.
- Twitter https://twitter.com/
I hope you enjoyed this episode. Thanks for stopping by!