100 Days of Art Botanical: Days 23-36
March 08, 2021
We are 36 days into The 100 Day Project. About one-third of the way through the whole thing! Woo Hoo!
Here's a peek at what I've been creating:
I decided to count my mural painting towards this 100 day botanical art project:
- The little art journal has been working for me! It's a great size for getting something done in one sitting. Each double page spread is about 11" x 7.25."
- That said, I rarely actually finish a spread in one sitting. When I finish a project, I clean off my brush on an empty page or I throw leftover scraps onto a blank spread. So when I finally sit down to create a page, there's already plenty of "stuff" on the page.
- I've tried some experiments that didn't go well. That's great. I learned some things.
- I've tried some experiments that did go well. That's great. I learned some things.
- I do feel like I'm learning some things about myself. One of which is, I have always used a ton of botanicals. I just haven't used them as focal images.
- For the most part, everything I'm creating is very stylized. They're fake flowers and leaves out of my brain. I'd like to experiment with drawing some actual flowers and leaves. I'd also like to try some very very abstracted botanical images. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to go in both opposite directions!
- As always, the toughest part of an every day project like this is the sharing. Knowing that I'm going to post what I make puts a lot of pressure on it and I'm often grumpy or unhappy with what I create instead of being pleased that I managed to try something new. I know that it's the wrong attitude and I'm trying to do/be better.
So tell me, how is your 100 Day Project going?