Book Club: Printing by Hand
July 08, 2021
In case you missed the live version yesterday, here's the replay of Book Club:
It's a very pretty book with lots of good information and perfect for beginners. It's a great overview of stamping, stenciling, and screen printing. Think of it as a taster or sampler to whet your appetite for diving deeper. Here are two of the samples I shared during the video:
Both of these are fabric. The first one is screen printed and the second is stenciled.
And here is some screen printing on top of painted deli paper:
I use water-based screen printing inks and I have found that they work in company with the acrylic paints I use -- i.e. there's no chipping or cracking or peeling.
A few resources that I offer in stamping, stenciling, and screen printing (both free and paid):
- Online Stamp Carving Courses:
- Stamps & Gelatin Plate Course
- Book: Carve Stamp Play
- Blog Post: Making Foam Stamps with your ScanNCut
- Stencil 101 (free e-mail course)
- Online Course: Cutting Stencils with your ScanNCut
- Blog Post: How to Cut Plastic Stencils by Hand
- Stencils & the Gelatin Plate Course
- Live Online Screen Printing Class in September
- Blog Post: Thermofax Screen Printing
Have you read this book? What did you think?
The next Book Club is on August 11 at 12:15pm EST. We will be discussing the book, Matisse on Art.
You can click on this link to set a reminder for yourself. As a reminder: everyone is welcome at Book Club whether or not you've read the book.
Finally, if you have any suggestions for books you'd like to discuss during Book Club, please leave a comment letting me know your book recommendation or request!
Thanks for stopping by!