My third Scrawlr Box arrived last week. I opened it up and tried it out and ended up making this:
I was delighted to open the box and find alcohol inks instead of pens! Yay! Here are a few more pros and cons:
- PRO: Yay for Yupo paper. It's a great surface for many kinds of mediums and if you haven't tried it out yet, you should.
- CON: I wish that they had included (a) instructions for opening the alcohol ink bottles, and (b) health & safety information for working with alcohol inks. THIS is a very helpful article with lots of information about alcohol inks.
- PRO: At first I thought that the pipette and the straw were stupid, but I'm glad they were included. I think they encourage play, and I'm all for that!
- CON: I wish that instead of the sparkly alcohol ink they had included a third color. It would have been great to have a yellow and really opened up the color mixing possibilities.
- CON: Bubblegum candy. Not my thing.
- PRO: I like the new square info card. It's nice to have all the supply information on the same side of the card.
All in all, this was my favorite box thus far. Now I'm actually excited to see what next month will bring! Wheeee!
Thanks for stopping by!