I am so grateful to all of the folks who have become Monthly Members. Thank you! I appreciate your patronage and I hope that you enjoy all the benefits of membership. :)
- Maker Member - all the benefits of the Member level + more!
- Super Learner Member - all the benefits of the Member level + Maker level + more!
All members have access to the monthly livestream. So what goes on during the livestream? I'm so glad that you asked!
- All members are encouraged to leave their questions and/or demo requests in the classroom. It's nice for me to have the questions and requests ahead of time because then I can spend some time preparing everything to ensure that the demos are high quality.
- Any members attending the live broadcast can also ask questions or make comments live and in real time.
- If there aren't enough questions to fill the hour, I will share an art project or technique that I think you would enjoy.
- All livestreams are recorded and the recording is posted to the online classroom along with a list of useful links to supplies, websites, tutorials, etc. mentioned during the livestream.
This past Sunday night was the September member livestream. Here's a quick recap of what we covered during the hour:
- QUESTION 1: How to fix paint beading up on the gelatin plate.
- QUESTION 2: How to store your gelatin plate (and get bubbles/wrinkles out of the plate).
- QUESTION 3: Will I be hosting in-person classes at my home any time soon?
- The answer is, yes, I hope to in 2022, depending on how vaccines for children roll out.
- QUESTION 4: Should you tint & shade paint with white & black or with a lighter/darker version of that same color?
- We explored the possibilities here, and then thanks to a really interesting comment during the livestream, diverged into a conversation about how to ensure that all of your paint colors work together -- even when using lots and lots of colors. The answer is shockingly simple. You can see the tags where I demo-ed this idea below:
- QUESTION 5: What methods to use to plan art projects, collect ideas, and make sure that things get done!
- QUESTION 6: A member requested that I add a "Calendar of Events" to my website.
- So, I did some research and I'm currently testing out an events calendar. You can see it HERE. Let me know what you think!
- QUESTION 7: What is a good non-watercolor paper for using with watercolor?
- I answered the question and also showed off the difference between cheap watercolor and expensive watercolor (hint: it's the pigment load) on that paper. Take a peek:
- QUESTION 8: And finally, I ended the livestream with a gelatin printing demo that went through some basics, along with some more advanced layering and color mixing techniques. Here are the demo pieces:
If you're not a member already, I hope you'll consider jumping in! Membership starts at $5.99/month and helps to make everything I do possible! There are two years worth of archived videos to watch and learn from -- and it's all available to you right now! :) As Caroline emailed me, "I am currently a Basic Member and was wondering if you have considered a Member level between Basic and Maker or increasing the price of the Basic? I think the Basic level is worth more than $5.99."
As always, thanks for stopping by!