I'm going to tell you the most important things to remember about painting/stamping/drawing/printing/etc. on fabric.
- If you're not going to wash the fabric, then anything goes. Use any art supply in your stash and have fun!
- If you are going to wash it, but you don't care how it feels, use any PERMANENT art medium in your stash and have fun!
- If you are going to wash it AND you care about the fabric being soft, use mediums meant for fabric (they will say on the label) or an additive like GAC 900. And don't forget to have fun!
Here are some of my favorite fabric mediums:
- Deco Arts So Soft Fabric Paint
- Jacquard Textile Colors
- Marabu Fashion Spray
- Shiva Paint Sticks
- Tulip Fabric Paint
- Speedball Fabric & Paper Block Printing Ink
- Blick Screen Printing Ink
- MX Procion Powdered Dyes
Feel free to leave some of your favorite fabric mediums in the comments section! I'm always excited to hear about products people love!
Thanks for stopping by!