A lovely artist named Froyle Davis shared several easy and fabulous techniques for making collage papers in this video, along with a look at her collage process in her art journal:
This was really fun! I started with brightly colored papers and that made my finished papers look very different from Froyle's, even though I used her copper/black color scheme for the gelatin printing. And then I had some Froyle-inspired cut and paste fun in my art journal:
- Use patterned cardstock as your base. Also "ugly" papers you have sitting around.
- Mix your paints with acrylic mediums for lots of luscious texture.
- You don't need fancy tools. I love Froyle's bowl method for getting perfect circles. And her lid for stamping!
- Keep your collage scraps in a bag all together and at your fingertips.
- Sometimes too many choices can be paralyzing. So limit your choices.
- Keep going until you love it.
And thanks to you for stopping by!