You guys, I am so very pleased to share that The Artful Holiday class is now open for registration. This project-based online workshop could also have been called "The Art of Celebrating." The last few years of COVID-life have been isolating and I, personally, have found myself wanting to make holidays feel a little bit more special. Hand made art and gifts are some of my favorite ways to share a bit of light and love with the people in my life. So I gathered eighteen amazing artist-friends and asked them to share the ideas and projects that fine artists create for celebrations of all kinds.
- Yetunde Rodriguez: yaytoonday
- Froyle Davies: froyleart
- Deborah Boschert: deborahboschert
- Ken Oliver: kenolivercrafts
- DeeDee Catron: deedeecatron
- Robyn Wells: robayre
- Andrea Chebeleu: aworkofheartstudio
- Jane Dunnewold: jane.dunnewold
- Marybeth Shaw: mbshaw
- Barb Smucker: barbsmuckerstudio
- Joe Rotella: joerotella
- Carolyn Dube: carolyn_dube
- Tori Weyers: drawriot
- Susana McDonnell: linocaveprints
- Laura Kemshall: laurakemshall
- May Flaum: craftwithmay
- Rachel Greig: rachelgreig
- Sarah Matthews: iamsarahmatthews
- Julie Fei-Fan Balzer: balzerdesigns
I asked these talented artists to think outside of the box -- beyond the usual holidays and the usual projects -- and share their best ideas with you. And they each brought their personal creative style to the table!
This self-paced online workshop offers a wide range of projects -- printmaking, collage, assemblage, sewing, mixed media, painting, and more! Projects to decorate your home....
Gifts to give...
Gifts to keep...
Art techniques you'll want to try...
Art to wear...
Art to share...
And inspiring ideas to keep you creating art all year long!
Each teacher will share a fresh and fun project with you in a step-by-step video tutorial.
And then each Wednesday, I'll offer a "mash-up" project. These are step-by-step video tutorials where I borrow techniques, materials, and ideas from the previous lessons and transform them into something totally new. For example...
The intention of these "mash-up" lessons is to spark your imagination and help you find new ways to use the techniques and ideas shared in this power packed workshop.
Here are the rest of the details:
- You have lifetime access to all content. Watch anytime.
- A new project tutorial will be released every day in August 2022. If you sign up after the start date of class, you will get immediate access to any lessons that have already been released.
- Lessons are delivered via video, with several teachers also offering supporting PDF instructions and information.
- Each lesson is like a blog post, with a comments section at the end where you can leave questions and comments for the instructor.
- There is a general Facebook Group for Balzer Designs Students where you can share your work, if you wish. You can also share on social media with the hashtag #artfulholidayclass.
- This workshop is an easy way to learn from a wide range of teachers and try out some techniques or areas of art-making that may be new to you.
- Although this class is project based, I believe you will find yourself returning to all of the wonderful art making techniques over and over again, no matter what you make.
- Videos range from 7-30 minutes long, depending on the complexity of the project.
- You can watch and rewatch the videos, speed them up, and slow them down.
- There are more than thirty step-by-step project tutorials. Hours of art instruction that is sure to inspire you!
- You get true mixed media content -- printmaking, collage, jewelry-making, paper arts, book arts, sewing, assemblage, and more!
As part of the lead-up up to this amazing online workshop event, I am interviewing some of the talented artist-instructors. Here are the first two of those interviews. Each interview is about 15-20 minutes long.
I hope to see you in class!