I put together a video that I thought you might enjoy. I'm going to share the strategies I use as a student in order to get the most out of an art class -- whether it's online or in-person. Whether it's live or pre-recorded. Whether it's one session or many.
The main takeaways from the video are:
- There are three stages of taking an art class: prep, the in-class experience, and follow-up.
- Most people skip the first and the last stages.
- In the prep stage, be thoughtful about the supplies you select, set goals, and do a warm-up.
- During class engage with the material, ask questions, and take notes.
- After class, be sure to follow-up within 24-hours in order to retain the maximum amount of information.
Did I miss anything? Let me know!