Hey friends! Here's the round-up for October 2022:
What's happening at home?
It has been quite a month. We all got the flu -- for like three weeks. The little guy also got pneumonia. I also got a sinus infection. Steve tore his meniscus playing volleyball. Things have been less than optimal health-wise. But there has been plenty of tea floating around and my little guy loves it.
I either have to drink it all while it's scalding hot or I literally have to hide my tea cup from him. Once he gets ahold of the cup, he's not letting go and he's drinking it down to the last drop. My favorite tea is Prince of Wales with some sugar and milk and I guess it's his favorite too!
What's on your desk right now?
- The Joy of Acrylic Painting -- the next Book Club book.
- A paper pencil case (a ScanNCut Club project) made from this fun paper stack I found in a clearance bin at Michaels.
- Dirty paintbrushes in dirty paint water that needs to be changed ASAP.
- An empty Starbucks cup. I treated myself to a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew today.
- A collage I used as part of a demonstration for the Member Livestream this month.
- Some cards that I printed with leftover block printing ink during this month's chine-collé marathon. It's a lot of work to do a chine-collé print, so when I have leftover ink, I just print the naked stamp a few times until the ink runs out.
Your most recent Pin on Pinterest?
If I had a million dollars...
Whatever it is you've been waiting to do. Take the class. Go on the trip. Eat the cookie. Reach out to that friend. Publish your book. Whatever you've been waiting to do until it's "the right time," just do it.
So, that's the scoop on life around here at the moment. If you're a Monthly Member, the October personal vlog is up in the classroom (I'm calling it "the one where we are all sick but I still make banana bread") and the studio vlog should be up after the weekend.
What's the difference between a personal vlog and a studio vlog?
- Personal vlogs have a lot of daily life stuff (lots of my son) and a bit of random art content. They're pretty much like the old weekly vlogs you can still see on my YouTube channel. All Members have access to personal vlogs.
- Studio vlogs are art focused on a single art project or art-related topic. Past studio vlogs include: behind-the-scenes of putting together an online class, a studio tour, a peek into my sketchbook, a look at a day in the studio, etc. Maker Members & Super Learner Members have access to the studio vlogs.
Basically, if you like these "Around Here" posts, the vlogs are this content, but more of it, and in a video format.
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. In case you don't know, I send out a weekly newsletter on Fridays. You can subscribe HERE.