Collage from a Printable Kit Recap & Collage Faces Upcoming
May 17, 2023
Saturday was World Collage Day and I taught a live online class all about how to create a collage from a printable kit.
It was tons of fun. Here are a few of the things that students made during class:
And here are a few things that people said about class:
- "Excellent! Great to find someone who knows what it means to teach art vs showing art. And, thanks for your comment clarifying what it means to work “intuitively” – it’s an easy thing to toss out that doesn’t mean a thing. Intuition isn’t magical – it’s cultivated. Love your class." - Nan
- "This was my first experience with this type of collage and I am hooked." - Mary
- "This was a great class -- so much info packed into that hour! I just re-watched and took a ton more notes." - Daisy
- "Your videos are a joy to watch – oh and they’re informative too! Thanks for all that!" - Geneva
- "Great class! I learned that auditioning is smart, and that nothing has to be permanent. After all, it’s paper…rip it, tear it, attach it, layer it, love it! Thanks, Julie." - Leah
If you want more awesome collage instruction, I am teaching a three-day mixed media collage workshop, beginning this Saturday, May 20.
"Collage Faces" is a three-day class conducted live over three sessions on Zoom. Class will be recorded if you cannot attend live. I have spaced the classes two weeks apart in order to give you time to work on each of the parts of this project. This ensures that you'll have time to process the techniques and ideas, ask questions, and generally get the most out of class.
- Saturday, May 20, 11am - 3pm EST: In class one we will make "face papers." Don't know what those are? Come to class to find out!
- Saturday, June 3, 11am - 3pm EST: In class two, we will focus on the structure of the face and how to create depth and shape while collaging.
- Saturday, June 17, 11am - 2pm EST: In class three, we will focus on all of the finishing touches that elevate your collage from ordinary to extraordinary -- all of the little things that make it your own. We will also discuss "mistakes" and how to fix them.
Because this class takes place over six weeks, I've also set up a virtual classroom where you can post pictures of your work, chat with other students, and ask questions between classes. Here are two screenshots of the message board:
During class you'll be able to decide if you want to work small...
I'm going to be sharing techniques that will allow you to create all kinds of styles of collage faces, depending on what you want to do!
Don't miss out! Sign up HERE.